Generation Next Ministry
The purpose statements for the various branches of Generation Next Ministry are as follows:
1. Generation Next Ministry Classes (Sunday Morning) –By sharing the fundamentals of the Christian faith, we serve to empower students, age 2 through grade 12, to apply the wisdom of scripture to life.
2. “Empowerment Wednesdays” – Young people are empowered and enriched through character building & life skill development sessions, as well as, tutoring and homework support.
3. Educational Support Ministry (ESM) – The purpose of the Educational Support Ministry is to empower our youth towards excellence at all grade levels of education (K – College). Through tutoring, homework support, college tours and a series of workshops / seminars, the ministry serves to fulfill this purpose.
4. Fall Festival Planning Team – The purpose of this team is to exercise creativity in planning a fun, safe alternative to door – to – door trick or treating while providing an opportunity for children and their families to fellowship. The Fall Festival is normally held on Halloween or a few days prior, depending on the church calendar.
5. HBCU Tour Planning Team – This team serves to plan an annual trip to a cluster of Historically Black Colleges & Universities. The objective of these tours is to empower & inspire young people, grades 8 through 12 towards excellence in education and in life.
6. Generation Next Choir & Presentation Team – This team serves to empower youth to exercise their God-given talents and abilities during worship services. Through the freedom of expression, this ministry nurtures confidence, self-worth and a sense of self.