Generation Next In Training is for children between the ages 2 -12. During every worship service there is a component specifically designed for them. The classes consist of a bible based lessons and fun learning activities
Generation Next Ministies welcome those between the ages of 13 - 35 who want to get involved in ministry. Greeters, Ushers, and the Choir are all ministries that are looking for young people willing to make a difference in the lives of others.
The “Generation Next Ministry” is committed to youth empowerment through the spiritual, mental and physical well-being of youth and young adults. On Sunday mornings, students, age 2 through grade 12, are taught the fundamentals of the Christian faith and how to apply the wisdom of scripture to life.
On Wednesday evenings, young people are empowered and enriched through character building and life skill development sessions as well as tutoring and homework support.
The purpose statements for the various branches of Generation Next Ministry are as follows:
1. Generation Next Ministry Classes (Sunday Morning) –By sharing the fundamentals of the Christian faith, we serve to empower students, age 2 through grade 12, to apply the wisdom of scripture to life.
2. “Empowerment Wednesdays” – Young people are empowered and enriched through character building & life skill development sessions, as well as, tutoring and homework support.
3. Educational Support Ministry (ESM) – The purpose of the Educational Support Ministry is to empower our youth towards excellence at all grade levels of education (K – College). Through tutoring, homework support, college tours and a series of workshops / seminars, the ministry serves to fulfill this purpose.
4. Fall Festival Planning Team – The purpose of this team is to exercise creativity in planning a fun, safe alternative to door – to – door trick or treating while providing an opportunity for children and their families to fellowship. The Fall Festival is normally held on Halloween or a few days prior, depending on the church calendar.
5. HBCU Tour Planning Team – This team serves to plan an annual trip to a cluster of Historically Black Colleges & Universities. The objective of these tours is to empower & inspire young people, grades 8 through 12 towards excellence in education and in life.
6. Generation Next Choir & Presentation Team – This team serves to empower youth to exercise their God-given talents and abilities during worship services. Through the freedom of expression, this ministry nurtures confidence, self-worth and a sense of self.
Educational Support Ministry
The purpose of the Educational Support Ministry at Shalom Church (City of Peace) is to prepare, support, and encourage our youth in areas such as character development, college preparation, and experiential learning experiences. Through these avenues we hope to partner with parents in their efforts to develop our next generation of young Christian leaders. Click here for more information.
Ways To Get Involved
Volunteer as a teacher's assistant during our 7:30a, 10:00a worship services on Sundays.
All volunteers must complete a childcare service background screening application. Forms are available at http://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/
Persons interested in volunteering in Next Generation in Training can contact Min. Preston Williams at 314.653.2316
Confirmation Class (Ages 13 - 14)
PURPOSE: This 5 session class is designed to teach the fundamentals of the Christian faith so that youth will have an adequate understanding of the church and ministry.
As we seek to continue providing this foundational instruction through this time of social distancing and virtual learning, Confirmation Classes are now being offered on zoom, every Wednesday at 3:30p – 4:20p.
To request access to the zoom link, simply contact the church office at (314) 653-2316.
To ensure that all Confirmation Class students can follow along with the class, a copy of our Confirmation Class Handbook has been uploaded below.
Teen Class (13-18)
PURPOSE: To provide a worship space tailor made for teens. Teens are taught to apply biblical principles to their lives. The Teen Church is an opportunity for teens to develop as a young followers of Jesus Christ through leadership responsibilities, community service, bible study, prayer, and fellowship with other young Christians.
Teen Church meets every Sunday in classroom 105, with the exception of the 3rd Sunday (Next Generation Sunday) during the 10:00a worship .