Adopt A School
Shalom Adopt a Family Program
Shalom Church Adopt a Family is an initiative to support students from different schools in our community. We want to be a village for students who are currently in school all the way through high school. Our hope is to make sure they have what they need for school and see them on their graduation day. We have divided into four groups in which you can help, you can give financially online under Adopt a Family you can get involved by filling out the form and you will be contacted by a representative from the group you chose
Love team – support a student from Monroe Elementary
Faith team – support a student from Hazelwood Central Middle School
Hope team- Confluence Academy
Peace team – Shalom Church Students
This initiative is to encourage, support, and empower the least of these in the St. Louis Public School System: This is to support the students and their families through the identified students' high school graduation.
The goal is to develop three groups (Group Love, Group Joy, Group Hope; and Group Peace will manage our Shalom Church involvement). The initial objective is to (through the assistance of the school’s social worker) identify an economically challenged family that is reflected or recognized in the student’s class appearance and/or performance. And with the permission of the parent(s), begin mentoring/tutoring, supporting, and empowering
(NOTE: There may be multiple children in the family).
This initiative is to encourage, support, and empower. This is to support the students and their families through the identified students' high school graduation.
Presently we are meeting weekly to formulate the steps necessary to be successful and an execution strategy. For Instance…
Potential roles within the groups – (Beginning with background checks)
- Some volunteers within a group will be designated to Mentor,
- Some volunteers within a group will be designated to Tutor,
- Some volunteers within a group will be designated to Identify and manage financial resources (for School Supplies, uniforms, Books, etc.)
- Some volunteers within a group will be in place to offer spiritual support where appropriate.
- Some ministry volunteers have committed to contributing financial support rather than physical presence.
- Some volunteers will be committed to attending Public School Board meetings to learn and to advocate for local and government resources
Monroe Elementary 3641 Missouri Ave 63118
Hazelwood Central Middle 13450 Old Jamestown Rd Florissant, MO 63033
Confluence Academy 3017 N 13th Street St. Louis, MO 63107